Re: How DBA stuff should a Developer learn?

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:50:05 -0000

Guy Harrison's book isn't bad either for entry-level performance tuning dive in get what you need.

Jonathan L. 's book is a COMPREHENSIVE look at the thing - aimed at in-depth understanding.

BUT THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE - NONE ! for the Oracle documentation itself.

Look at how often Tom K. refers to it on AskTom and that should give you an idea.

"Paul Brewer" <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk> wrote in message news:3c8a7f79_1_at_mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...
> "Connor McDonald" <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Liz wrote:
> > >
> > > I would recommend Rich Niemic's book on Oracle Performance Tuning. He
> > > looks at it from both the dba side and the developer side. He marks
> > > the chapters as to which group he is aiming at. Warning there is alot
> > > of info in the book.
> > >
> > > Liz
> > >
> > > "Ryan Gaffuri" <rkg100_at_erols.com> wrote in message
so

> delving into
> reading
> atleast