DBA access after import (SYS and SYSTEM passwords)

From: Noel P <noelp1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2002 08:56:49 -0800

Hi,

I have a dump of a database on which I only have a user level access but no DBA access. I create a new database and have the SYS and SYSTEM access.
However, once I import the dump of the other database, I can't login as SYS or SYSTEM because it changes the SYSTEM and SYS passwords.

How can I overcome this, so that after the import, I still have SYSTEM and SYS passwords.

Can I create a an account with DBA privilages before the import, and login using that DBA after the import and change the SYS and SYSTEM passwords?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

-Noel Received on Tue Mar 12 2002 - 10:56:49 CST