Login Via JDBC

From: Yiu Wing <yiuwing.yip_at_virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:58:29 -0000

Hello all,

Our university is running a Oracle8i JServer, but it's only for educational purpose. So after we login our UNIX account, where the database server is running, we just need to type "sqlpuls /" to login the database.

Say the UNIX server is foo.bar.edu, how do I open a database connection via the JDBC driver on a NT box? Is it something like

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@foo:bar:edu", "unixusername", "unixpassword");

I'm at home now and our uni's firewall blocks outside connections, that's why I can't try this out immediately. But could someone confirm this for me?

Thanks.

--
Yiu Wing