Re: Login Via JDBC

From: Yiu Wing <yiuwing.yip_at_virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 01:11:39 -0000

> Our university is running a Oracle8i JServer, but it's only for
educational
> purpose. So after we login our UNIX account, where the database server is
> running, we just need to type "sqlpuls /" to login the database.
>
> Say the UNIX server is foo.bar.edu, how do I open a database connection
via
> the JDBC driver on a NT box? Is it something like
>
> Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection
> ("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@foo:bar:edu", "unixusername", "unixpassword");
>
> I'm at home now and our uni's firewall blocks outside connections, that's
> why I can't try this out immediately. But could someone confirm this for
> me?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Yiu Wing

Sadly, my program didn't even go through the first stage. When I tried to run a test program, there's a popup window comes up saying the oracore8.dll could not be found in the path. So I did quite a few search on http://tahiti.oracle.com and http://otn.oracle.com as suggested by one of the previous posters. And it turns out that I need to install the client and the dependent file. So I did more search on the above sites and the web, but I couldn't find where to download the client. Any hints?

--
Yiu Wing