Re: Oracle Cold Backup Shared tablespaces

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 12:59:59 -0600

As usual Howard is right...I oversimplified my comment about simple copying - I meant to say 'just copying the data files' is not sufficient...

I somewhat disagree, however,. the export/import is overkill...anyone that needs to serve as a DBA , in my opinion, should be familiar with ( at least) these 2 utilities...Clean exports/imports will eventually 'save your butt' when the system crashes..

( RMAN was a bit much...)

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!  Check out our new Unlimited Server. No Download or Time Limits! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! ==----- Received on Mon Mar 04 2002 - 12:59:59 CST