Re: Oracle Cold Backup Shared tablespaces

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 06:10:56 +1100

Oh, I agree about needing to know export and import... just that's it's overkill for her particular situation as her primary means of backup (always good to have an export dump file handy in case disgruntled junior decides to drop a table *and* delete the backup!).

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com

"TurkBear" <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com> wrote in message

> As usual Howard is right...I oversimplified my comment about simple
copying - I meant to say 'just copying the data files' is
> not sufficient...
>
> I somewhat disagree, however,. the export/import is overkill...anyone that
needs to serve as a DBA , in my opinion, should be
> familiar with ( at least) these 2 utilities...Clean exports/imports will
eventually 'save your butt' when the system