Re: building Oracle using scripts

From: George Dau <gedau_at_munged.to.reduce.spam>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:23:32 GMT

khash23_at_yahoo.com (KJ) wrote:

]idea as installing oracle without going through the installation
]process. But, I'm still not sure what kind of script I need to write
]to create the tables and load the data from somewhere. Any ideas?

You said you are on Solaris and Linux, so you can be using the bash shell. With this shell (and ohters) you can use "here documens" to do what you want:

#!/bin/bash
# comment
#

sqldba user/passed <EOT
alter database ......;
various commands;
exit;
EOT
/more/unix/commands/here
/cp some files around
sqlplus user/passwd <EOT
select stuff;
exit
EOT Received on Tue Feb 26 2002 - 21:23:32 CST