Re: NT/2000 schedulable Process

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:42:32 +1100

Would love to catch up in that case... you are only across the Tasman (or I am!), 'cause this is Sydney calling!!

I confess that originally, I was not updating the contents of the file (I only have so many keyboards and so many hands). But just in case, I've repeated the experiment with a 'create table blah tablespace users as select * from dba_objects order by secondary', which kept it going for a while (it also helped that I'd set sort_area_size for the session to 128 bytes). And the results are the same).

As for the Oracle docs, yeah... even the current Backup and Recovery training course material has a slide with the infamous 'ocopy' on it. (This is the same documentation, of course, that says a locally managed SYSTEM tablespace is perfectly feasible, even if they've only just got around to that in 9i release 2!!).

Try it and see... I would like to know for sure that it's not just some particular bit of magic I'm happening to pull off here.

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com