Re: Help in backup of data

From: Tony <ar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:35:20 -0000

Reead up on Oracle Export and Import utilities. Al though this is slightly different to what you are trying to achieve it will get you the results you want.

To backup up an oracle instance in the traditional respect ie backup all files associated with the instance then you have to consider

1/    The Data
2/    The Redo logs
3/    Rollback Segments
4/    TableSpaces
5/    User Shemas
6/    Indices

etc etc . Maybe do a little reading and look at a full Export as your Data Security for now until you have completely read and understood the BACKUP AND RECOVERY documents which can take some time I can tell you lol

Hope this helps

regards

Tony Rees
ITD Hamilton