Re: functions vs procedures

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:49:14 +0100

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:10:47 GMT, "Julian Kooiker" <julian.kooiker_at_quicknet.nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to insert records in a function? I have build a
>webapplication, that now uses procedures. I want to use functions because i
>can fetch the error messages then. I can give return values with functions.
>How can I combine functions and procedures????
>
>I think you experts have a solution for this, since I am a beginner using
>oracle.
>
>Thank you already,
>
>Julian Kooiker

You can't combine procedures and functions. A procedure can however use several OUT parameters. Hence there is not need at all to convert to functions. You may want to read up on general programming concepts.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Feb 20 2002 - 15:49:14 CST