Re: functions vs procedures

From: Mark & Kristi Wagoner <mwagoner_at_iac.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:47:18 -0500

> Is there a way to insert records in a function?

Yes. Functions can do the same operations as a procedure. They just have a return value.

> I want to use functions because i can fetch the error messages then.

Depending on what you are doing, you may want to look into exceptions. Your function (or procedure) can raise an exception, which the caller can trap and get the message.

> How can I combine functions and procedures????

You can also have the function call the procedure, if it helps.