Re: enqueues

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2002 08:08:34 -0800

"Evgeniy Krasnov" <krasnov_at_servplus.ru> wrote in message news:<a4t8ej$7gk$1_at_gavrilo.mtu.ru>...
> There are 2 cols in v$lock, id1 and id2, matching p2 and p3 in
> v$session_wait respectively.
> These are resource identifiers.
> All information I found about id1 is "The first identifier (id1) of the
> enqueue or global lock takes its value from P2 or P2RAW. The meaning of the
> identifier depends on the name (P1)".
> The same about id2
> What do these ids mean?
> For example, I have a blocking lock (which is marked 1 in block column in
> v$lock).
> I know that this lock is a RX table lock.
> Is there any way I can figure out which table is affected by this lock?

What version of Oracle are you on? I am familar with TX and RT lock types but not an RX except there is is row exclusive, rx, mode.

If you want to find the blocked and waiting sessions they try looking at the dba lock views created by catblock

DBA_BLOCKERS
DBA_DDL_LOCKS
DBA_DML_LOCKS
DBA_KGLLOCK
DBA_LOCK
DBA_LOCK_INTERNAL

and using the script $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utllockt.sql which shows lock blocked and holding session in a wait tree graph.

HTH
-- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Feb 19 2002 - 10:08:34 CST