Re: UTL_FILE - Print Novell Network

From: <SUSOTT_at_amnutrition.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:25:17 -0700

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message

> "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
> >
> > "Svend Jensen" <Master_at_OracleCare.Com> wrote in message

> <snip>
> >
> > Oracle for Novell will be history soon anyway, so it doesn't really
matter

> However he clearly isn't using Oracle for Novell. I'd (hesitantly) suggest
> installing gateway services for netware on the machine and using a mapped
> drive. You may find it better though to install the novell client and
leave
> the machine logged in to achieve the same effect.
>

> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK
> Please include version and platform
> and SQL where applicable
> It makes life easier and increases the
> likelihood of a good answer

> After talking with the network guru, we decided to go ahead and use the
Novell Client. Even after installing the client, I am unable to write a file to a network path, let alone print to the network printer object. (The machine uses an account with access to the file path and printer objects and outside of Oracle, has no problems working with the network.)

Is something like this possible through reports or forms? Received on Thu Feb 14 2002 - 17:25:17 CST