Operating system authentication for DBA

From: Mukesh Singh <mksingh72_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2002 14:06:50 -0800

Hi,

I came across a very strange problem. I login as a user who is a member of DBA group on unix machine. I am not able to connect as sysdba from sqlplus but able to connect as internal using svrmgrl. I have checked there is no password file. Can please somebody explain what could be the reason ?

Thanks,

Mukesh. Received on Sat Feb 09 2002 - 16:06:50 CST