Re: Operating system authentication for DBA

From: Trifon Anguelov <trifona_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 06:01:44 GMT

Mukesh,

Make sure you are not doing that:
$ sqlplus / as sysdba

You are going to get an error for sure. Instead do either:

$ sqlplus /nolog
SQL> conn / as sysdba
or
$ sqlplus ' / as sysdba'

Next time list the exact syntax of the commands you are trying to run an das Sybrand pointed out your OS and DB version.

Hope that helps,

Trifon Anguelov
Senior Oracle DBA

Join the new Oracle DBA forums at: