URGENT! ORA-1658 in TEMP tablespace???

From: Syltrem <syltrem_at_videotron.spammenot.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 16:52:38 -0500

How is this possible?
How can I clear the situation?

SQL> select BLOCKS from v$sort_usage;

    BLOCKS

       260

3 rows selected.

and I get
ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace TEMP

If I reduce significanly the size of initial/next extent in tablespace temp I get
ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 2 in tablespace TEMP

SQL> select TABLESPACE_NAME, INITIAL_EXTENT, CONTENTS from dba_tablespaces where
 tablespace_name='TEMP';

TABLESPACE_NAME                INITIAL_EXTENT CONTENTS

TEMP 16384 TEMPORARY

Thanks!

--

Syltrem