Re: DBMS_OLAP RECOMMEND DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK.

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2002 07:52:44 -0800

In article <a3i827$3np$1_at_news.cvns.net>, "CVNS" says...

>When we try to run this package on 9i we keep getting a RPC error. Anyone
>been able to get it to work?
>
>DBMS_OLAP.RECOMMEND_MV('fact', 100000, '', 10);
>
>We have built a datawarehouse and now are adding materialized views. The
>recommend command is suppose to help you figure out what MView you need. Any
>suggestions.

You don't have external procedures (the extproc_connection_data tnsnames.ora entry and the extproc listener ) setup.

You need to have external procedures configured.

See
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:1172035350154

for a brief overview of how to setup. You can use the net configuration assistant as well.