Re: problem starting sqlpus - ??

From: Jeremy Russell <jeremy.russell_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 16:24:45 GMT

You need to start the instance to which you are trying to connect. This is going to require a privileged account connection in either svrmgrl or sqlplus, for example:

CONNECT sys/change_on_install AS SYSDBA
STARTUP PFILE=<full path to your init.ora file>

You ought to be using SQL*Plus instead of SVRMGRL anyway - server manager is disappearing in the next release (9i) and has been replaced with added features in SQL*Plus in 8i.

If you still have issues with this, post again and say which OS you're using.

JR