Re: ORA-12560 when installing 8.1.7 on Win200 Server SP2

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:28:58 +1100

Well, try running the network configuration assistant again, and get it to create your own TNSNAMES file, LISTENER.ORA and (the key one, I think) SQLNET.ORA. From memory, the problem often arises when the assistant which is run as part of initial installation does the deed: it either omits references to TCP or puts in additional references to other protocols which are inappropriate (I forget which way round). Just roll your own, and the message should go away.

Regards
HJR

Oracle Resources: http://www.hjrdba.com