Re: slow client connections

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 30 Jan 2002 03:55:49 -0800

"A Wong" <ajkwong5_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1VM58.27231$jb.1416377_at_news2.calgary.shaw.ca>...
> User have an application login account and all these accounts use a common
> database login account. Application login is for the front-end application,
> and database login connects them to the Oracle database. It seems that the
> application accounts that are used lots respond really slowly. Less heavily
> used accounts fair much better. But overall, there has been a decrease in
> performance. How could I find out why this is happening?
>
> (same as one of my old postings, thought I'd repost)

So far you have failed to post any details about version and platform of Oracle, configuration details etc, etc. You have only posted vague suspicions which simply can't be the culprit. This makes your ongoing reposting useless, and I'd rather see you to stop it, or you must at least try to follow up previous suggestions. If you don't know anything about performance tuning, as this group is a volunteer business, this is not the place to get full guidance on that.
You would do better to hire a consultant. Anyway, please stop your unchanged reposts

Regards
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 05:55:49 CST