Re: ORACLE 7 - restrict access problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 28 Jan 2002 01:16:29 -0800

"g&m" <grzegorz.moszczynski_at_natned.com.pl> wrote in message news:<3c54f27b_at_news.vogel.pl>...
> Hello all,
> Is possible to restrict application access to ORACLE server (ver.7) ?
> For example:
> I would like give login access only from DEV/FORMS apllication and not from
> SQLPLUS, .., etc.
>
> Of course I can create additionall deamon and listein who I actually in
> "V$session" table,
> but maybe is another solution for it .
> ????
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Regards,
> Grzegorz.

Checkout the info on product_profile in your documentation. Alternatively it should be possible to create a role, leave that disabled, and enable it in the forms application. No one will know how to enable a role.
Creating a daemon is not preferred in this case.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Mon Jan 28 2002 - 03:16:29 CST