Re: Cynicism was LMT and Siebel/Peoplesoft?

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 12:49:34 +0000

I agree with a bit of complication thrown in for good measure. DBA is not one job. Your comments are true for production DBAs. But I don't think good production DBAs make good Development DBAs. And if you turn the "A" from Administrator into Architect. Not that either.

To me a good production DBA has the same skill set that makes a good fireman or policeman (no gender discrimination intended).

Daniel Morgan