Re: Help required for Data replication from local to central database

From: Mark Malakanov <markmal_no_spam_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 06:12:14 GMT

Lets imagine we have one central table T and many peripherial tables T in branch's databases.

create snapshot logs for peripherial tables.

If you want to keep solid central table(s) create wherever set of jobs which will mimic a snapshot replication BEGIN
SET TRANSACTION READ ONLY;
INSERT INTO T_at_CENTRAL
SELECT * FROM T_at_PERIF_1 T, MLOG$_T_at_PERIPH_1 L WHERE T.PK=L.PK(+) AND L.PK IS NULL;
DELETE MLOG$_T_at_PERIPH_1;
COMMIT;
END; Or, even better, to have separate snapshots (T_1, T_2...) in central database correspondent to peripherial T tables. For reports you can get them together in UNION ALL view. CREATE VIEW T AS
SELECT * FROM T_1 UNION ALL
SELECT * FROM T_2 UNION ALL

Get snapshots together into refresh groups if you warry about consistency and/or reference integrity. Rule is - for all tables having FK relationships, their snapshots should be in one refresh group.

You can set up refreshes on central DB in timely manner. Or refresh them "manually" from periferial nodes calling DBMS_REFRESH.REFRESH_at_CENTRAL('REFGRP_1'); Mark Malakanov,