Re: init parameters when you have multiple processors

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_NOSPAModbaguru.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 00:29:37 -0000

There are no specific parameters you need to set for an Oracle install on a multiple CPU machine. An Oracle install is multiple CPU aware on an OS that can use more than one CPU and will configure itself accordingly when started. What you are probably thinking of is that certain tuning related parameters if changed should be done so with consideration of the number of CPU's.

Kind Regards

Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle
www.brainbench.com