init parameters when you have multiple processors

From: DumbassDBA <databaseguy90_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 00:00:18 GMT

Are there any init parameters that should be set when you have multiple processors?
I have only had one processor on NT until recently and now I have 4 on NT and 4 on a HP UX11 64bit Oracle instance. Seems like there were some parameters I was supposed to set ( spin_count sounds familiar) but I don't see any such parameters in the documentation. At least not that I have found.

I am new to Unix too. Sort of had this dumped on me. Oracle seems much the same but the operating system is different. I know there must be some os parameters I should set too but I will read up on that next.

thanks for any help.

dum ole dba Received on Fri Jan 04 2002 - 18:00:18 CST