Re: Do I really need more than 1 rollback segment?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 08:00:24 -0800

ANd make sure you go past 8.1.7.0. Had a small memory leak problem. I also ran into a slight problem going from (I think - this is in old memory and the brain cells for that are just about gone under the influence of too much good Australian red wine!) 8.1.7.0 to 8.1.7.2 because someone else closed the database down BUT forgot to stop the AQ queues - ugh! It was ugly.

--
HTH.  Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete
Author of "Oracle8i: Architecture and Administration Exam Cram"
Currently writing the "Oracle9i New Features for Administrators Exam Cram"

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA