Oracle database server bhind filtering firewall

From: Marcco <marcco.lucky_at_laposte.net>
Date: 20 Dec 2001 08:28:04 -0800

Hi,

My database (in LAN) and webserver (in DMZ) are separated by filtering based firewall (CISCO Routeur). ACL's are set on this firewall to allow Net8 connexion between client and server on 1521 port. Question: is this is secure?
Is opening only 1521 port between client and server means that all communication will use that port? I'm learning elsewhere sombody telling that do not means oracle server do not spans processes and response on that port. This my causes contention.

I'm confuse on what happen exactly under there situation. Can you explain, or give doc, any things?

Thanks for any helps Received on Thu Dec 20 2001 - 10:28:04 CST