Re: Do I really need more than 1 rollback segment?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:31:41 -0000

Re moving from 8.0.6 to 8.1.7

Watch out for bug 1967363 - relating to the cache buffers chains latches for index root blocks becoming very hot - initial symptom is a dramatic increase in waits for 'latch free' which can be identified as sleeps on the 'cache buffers chains' latch' and then
tracked to x$bh.hladdr via v$latch_children.addr to blocks which are the second block of index segments.

I believe you can put in a request for platformspecific  patches when needed.

Looks like your '4 peaked at 400M' is sufficient reason for 400MB rbs by the way.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:

Screen saver or Life saver: http://www.ud.com
Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.