Re: OUI pack

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 06:28:23 +1100

To answer your question, "no".

I have to wonder why it is that installations seem to cause so much grief. I've never yet had a problem, and I've been installing onto NT and W2K and XP for a while now (like 3 years or so). Can't say I've ever had to poke around with JREs, either. The Pentium 4 doesn't help (there are known issues, and a search in metalink or the google archives for this news group will help reveal what they are), but there are workarounds.

HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com