OUI pack

From: Opi <opi_at_volny.cz>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:35:56 +0100

 Hi,

It's likely that somebody has made Oracle Universal Installer, standalone or how to call it, I mean such distribution of the OUI alone, AND, WITH ALL PATCHES!!!
Don't tell me that NOBODY of several thousands Oracle's employees is able to take the newest OUI, rename all the stuff that needs to (genial 'patch', to rename some dll, i wish my programs worked so!, then what is the dll good for at all?)

   Well I have tried Oracle8 PE + W98, Oracle8 PE + W2000, Oracle8 EE + W2000, everything combined with JRE 1.2.2, 1.3.1, JDK 1.3.1, original JRE, guess what? All the same - either invalid oparation (wow, W2000 doesn't give any hint what happened - just kills it - what a great idea, who needs to know what happend, thanks, M$!) or some java screen with a picture, maybe intended as an veryveryveryveryvery inteligent instalation interface, but it disappears almost before it appears, and the only way to spot it was to attach it to the VC6's debugger.

   HEY you, who invented 'Java distribution approach', don't blame me, my java programs run correctly. That's you who is impotent to lop down and write an exe file to install a program. Or are you? Ok, back to the topic.

Is there any two-step Oracle installer, just to download and run, doesn't matter if GUI or console? And runs on Pentium4 (and further processors as well)? And doesn't contain a bit of Java at the best? And is not needed to be patched milion times? Pleease... I lost whole one week trying to install Oracle, but probably I'm not allowed by God to success. I'm really in hurry, got 28 days to get it work and to write a bussines application based on it. Still I hope it's (theoretically) possible.

Thanks, Ondra Received on Tue Dec 18 2001 - 04:35:56 CST