Re: hot backup question

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 06:33:25 +1100

If you open it with a resetlogs, then the new database is at time 1, and the original database is still at time 18947392. That doesn't look like a "clone" to me. Sure, the data might be the same between them, but it's not a clone in my book, merely a copy.

Hence the reference to "*true* cloning", and if words are invested with their ordinary meaning, then my original statement is still accurate.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com