Re: licensing query

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 05:34:04 +1100

Pardon me for butting in.... but the killer line here is:

> Materialized view rewrite FALSE

Since whether to use a materialized views is a decision made by the opimizer, and since if it chooses to use it requires it to re-write your SQL, then you appear to be able to create them, but never use them. (Of course, you can always issue the command 'select * from mview_whatever' directly, but the point of these things is that you issue 'select * from emp' and the *optimizer* silently re-writes that to be 'select * from mview').

Yours insomniacally
HJR

--
Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com