Re: licensing query

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:38:35 -0000

In this case though I wasn't especially after the query rewrite (though that would be nice for another app) but after a snapshot. I have some code that has been sitting around for a while that periodically updates a table with data from across a db link. Aha I thought that'd be better off done using a snapshot so I issued "create snapshot ....' and got back "materialized view created". This got me to thinking when is a snapshot not a snapshot and thence to what exactly is and isn't a feature of standard edition.

I agree that a materialized view is more than a snapshot. At least in EE.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA