replication, export, or offline instantiation (2)

From: J. Dupont <jdupont_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 22:53:50 +0100

Here is my problem. I have two data bases, the first one is made to produce documents, and the second is made to view documents. Main users add documents to the first DB. Once a month, the second DB is refreshed from the first DB. So, the new documents and modified documents are copied to the second DB, documents which are deleted in the 1st DB, are also deleted in the 2nd DB,... Main users can also add folders, classes or objects to the 1st DB, theses changes must also exist on the 2nd DB. The second DB contains some kind of documents that must not be changed. Moreover, I would like to use an offline device, because there is a lot of datas and the 2 DB are not connected (offline).
So I would like to know your opinion about my problem. What is the best choice : replication ? explort/import ? offline instantiation ? transportable tablespaces ? Is it possible to do offline replication ? to refresh offline instantation ?

Thanks in advance for your replies and your advices. Jérôme Dupont Received on Wed Dec 05 2001 - 15:53:50 CST