replication or export ?

From: J.Dupont <jdupont_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:24:13 +0100

I have some problems with replication.
I have 2 Data Bases (oracle 8.1.7 & IFS 1.1) on 2 sites. The first one is used by people who produce documents and the second one is used by customers who needs to consult these datas. Once a month, I must add the new documents (or the changed documents) to the 2nd Data Base. The 2 sites are not connected so I can't perform an on-line replication. I try to use deployment templates but it doesn't work, I have problems with the offline instantiation. Is it possible to make an off-line replication ? What about export ? I don't want to export all datas each time, I only want to export useful datas. I need some help and some docs about this topic (replication, export, deployment templates,...). I have already read the Oracle8i online doc, but it doesn't help me much.
Thanks in advance.
J. Dupont Received on Wed Nov 28 2001 - 16:24:13 CST