Re: replication or export ?

From: news <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:15:54 GMT

My understanding from your description is that in the database1 you produce documents and you want to "copy" those documents to database2. In addition, there is no network connection between database1 and database2.

If these documents have some attribute (e.g. an insert_date field and an update_field) that allows you to know when they were added or updated. Then you could do a create table as select .. in database1 where the records are not transfered yet. Then export that table. Copy the export file to the machine where database2 is and import. Once imported do an insert insert into mytable(.....fieldnames...) select ... fieldnames... from imported table.
Once done truncate the data in the imkported table. For updated records you will have to do an update not an insert.

Does that help?
Jim