global type string_table_tp is table of varchar2(60) index by binary_integer in OAS

From: Greg Gale <greg.gale_at_gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: 26 Nov 2001 16:36:39 -0800

I created a set of PL/SQL packaged procedures to be called from a web page through Oracle Internet Application Server. The package has a (global) binary integer index table of varchar2.

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY plums IS

        type string_table_tp is table of varchar2(60) index by binary_integer;

        selected_list string_table_tp;

The web page is supposed to allow the user to select items to be added into the list. It appears that the list is reinitialized every time the add_selection procedure is called. Can some one tell me if there is any way that someone could repeatedly call the procedure so that the array contents will continue to exist for the life of the session?

procedure add_selection (myPik in varchar2) is begin

        selected_list(nextval) := myPik;

Every time add_selection is called, selected_list has been emptied. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this. Received on Mon Nov 26 2001 - 18:36:39 CST