Re: to many switch logfile

From: Sean Fitzgerald <sfitzgerald_at_centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:12:41 -0800

make your redo logs bigger -- if you do lots of loading or other transactions, think about making them 500M or more

just don't make them so big that they switch too infrequently, then you will have longer recovery times if ( a general rule is logs switches every 30 minutes)

otherwise, make the tables "nologging" and use the +APPEND hint on your insert statements (or use direct path sqlldr) -- this disables redo generation for those transactions

you don't give any version/platform information or any real "detail" on how you are doing the inserts so this is the best I can offer "bartos" <bcharlin_at_elka.pw.edu.pl> wrote in message news:9tjaj0$d8a$1_at_news.tpi.pl...