ORA - 01031

From: dps <dps008c_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2001 17:54:37 GMT

Trying to do a backup for a database via DBA Studio (OMS). Under the security node for my username, I select system privliege only to discover that there is no sysdba??? As a result I get the above ORA error. I even logged into sqlplus as system for that dataase the diod connect sys / as sysdba and granted sysdba to myself successfully but still get that wretched erorr!!??? Can anyone help as I am totall lost???