Re: I could not start OracleOraHome81ManagementServer service

From: Roben Zhang <lzhang_at_opentext.com>
Date: 16 Nov 2001 08:39:57 -0800

Thanks for your reply, Howard.

I just tried this command, it was terminated successfully. What is the next i should do? By the way, i have multiple databases in the same computer. I just need to copy one of the databases to another in the same computer. Will this command export all the databases in the computer?

I have visited your web site and tried to follow the instructions of article
'Cloning a Database'. But i was failed to start SQL Plus for the clone in Step 1.
I have couple of questions in Step 1.
1. I should copy .dbf and .log files from source database to clone database, but

   not .ctl files (control file), is that right? 2. After i have run the statement:"ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE"
   a trace file will be created in the source database location. I should copy

   it to clone location and then edit it. Is that right? 3. when i edit init.ora file, for LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST (and variants), you marked

   the source archives must not be overwritten by the clone's. Is that mean i

   should use special variant for clone's init.ora? What is that variant for

   clone's.

By the way, should i use Database Configuration Assistant to create empty database for clone first or just follow the steps to create folder, copy files, edit files?

Sorry for so many questions. But i feel i am learning more and more about Oracle.

Thanks again

Luping