Re: Problem with backup using RMAN breaking Procedure utilitizing fopen() - 9i HELP!

From: Ted McCabe <theom_at_gte.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 00:53:51 GMT

Michael:

    The details are in either the Administrators reference or the SQL reference.
CREATE SPFILE = 's_params.ora' FROM PFILE = 't_init1.ora';

where 's_params.ora' is the full pathname of the output SPFILE and 't_init1.ora' is the full pathname of the initialization file you normally use.

    All the doc's are at the link.
http://download-east.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/nav/docindex.htm

    For web reading use the HTML version, the pdf will try to download first.

HTH
tED

"Michael Kers" <m.k_at_mailandnews.com> wrote in message news:3bf447f7.105985649_at_news.easynews.com...
> Yes.
>
> I managed to fix it by following Ted's suggestions that the changes
> are not reflected. What you suggest here would work to.
>
> What I did:
>
> Openned up Oracle Enterprise Manager, opened the offending database,
> and under [database]->Instance->Stored Configurations->default stored
> config I modified the startup options to reflect the required
> utl_file_dir value that I needed.
>
> The databased wanted to restart afterwards, so I let it. I tried the
> backup that broke the procedure before... And voila, this time it
> worked.
>
> Thanks for the help guys,
> mike
>

> >Any changes you make to the init.ora can be forced to be applied to an
> >SPFILE by issuing the command 'create spfile from pfile'. You can also
do
> >it the other way around. For that command to work, though, you must
*not*
> >have started up with the file you are attempting to create. In other
words,
> >you startup specifying the pfile you wish to use, *then* you can create
an
> >spfile that is functionally identical. Another plain 'startup' (without
> >'pfile=' paramter) will then use the new spfile.
> >
> >The other thing you can do, though, is issue 'alter system' commands,
> >specifying at the end the new parameter "scope=spfile". That writes
changes
> >directly to the spfile. The default is to change both the current
Instance