Re: Has anyone tried 'persistent initialization parameters' feature in 9i?

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:35:18 +1100

True... the presence of the spfile doesn't suddenly make parameters which were never system modifiable (as shown in v$parameter) capable of being modified on the fly.

But *usually*, one that is not system modifiable can still be changed with a "scope=spfile" at the end. For example, alter system set sql_trace=TRUE produces an error, but alter system set sql_trace=true scope=spfile doesn't.

I agree that it does appear inconsistent, though. large_pool_size is one it won't work for, whatever scope you put on the command. I suspect that may be a glitch of sorts.

Regards
HJR

--
Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com