Re: Problem with backup using RMAN breaking Procedure utilitizing fopen() - 9i HELP!

From: Michael Kers <m.k_at_mailandnews.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:59:04 GMT

Yes.

I managed to fix it by following Ted's suggestions that the changes are not reflected. What you suggest here would work to.

What I did:

Openned up Oracle Enterprise Manager, opened the offending database, and under [database]->Instance->Stored Configurations->default stored config I modified the startup options to reflect the required utl_file_dir value that I needed.

The databased wanted to restart afterwards, so I let it. I tried the backup that broke the procedure before... And voila, this time it worked.

Thanks for the help guys,
mike