Re: DBA Studio will not start

From: Rüdiger J. Schulz <johannes.schulz_at_web.de>
Date: 14 Nov 2001 11:59:19 +0200

it looks like a stupid answer, but:

  1. control your init.ora settings (f.e. db_block_buffers) to ensure, that oracle dont allocate the whole memory for the sga
  2. set the oracle-services as startup manual
  3. reboot your machine (this is the first stupid part of the answer...)
  4. try to deinstall the dba-studio and then reinstall it (this is the second stupid part of the answer...)

I think, the problem is the java-runtime-environment for windows (jrew.exe). do you have some other java-applications on your w2k server? perhaps with other versions as 1.1.8 of the jdk?

hth
Rüdiger J. Schulz
rjs_at_berlin-.de

News suchen, lesen, schreiben mit http://newsgroups.web.de