exp/imp vs DB link

From: Cameron Abbott <cvabbott_at_altavista.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:24:03 -0500

As a follow up to my import question on Friday, would it be any quicker to create all the tables in the new DB without any data, then create a DB link and then select the data from DB1.table into DB2.table?

FYI the import finally finished after 38 hours. I am going to try the suggestion of doing th import using indexfile to see if it any faster.

Thanks for your help.

Cameron Received on Mon Nov 05 2001 - 09:24:03 CST