Re: Can 8i and 9i db server co-exist on NT?

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 19:43:51 -0500

Usually one listener is all you need for a server, but you can run more if you wish. In your case, since you didn't say to do anything else, if you had multiple listeners they would all be named "LISTENER". There's a good book from Oracle Press in the "101" series on networking which will explain everything in plenty of detail.

Van