Re: Can 8i and 9i db server co-exist on NT?

From: Chris S <cschofie_at_nospam.slip.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 00:57:57 GMT

I have one listener, and it's called 'OracleOraHome81TNSListener' (NT service name). I'm perfectly comfortable with this. On startup, it reads from the file listener.ora in the <81home>\network\admin folder. There are no other listeners. This file has entries in it for the various 8i databases, but has no entries in it for the various 9i databases that I created. Yet this listener is clearly 'listening' for the 9i databases, which puzzles me. And, as I pointed out below, it only 'listens' correctly after having made at least one 8i connection, which sounds bogus.

Any ideas what is going on? Chris.