Multiple processes inserting into one table

From: John O'Rourke <john.orourke_at_am-beo.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2001 06:21:07 -0800

Hi,
We have multiple processes all inserting into one table using array inserts. we are running on a 24 CPU server, we are noticing that the performance levels off when we have 32 processes inserting into the table. However the CPU's aren't maxxed out. We have set the number of freelists to 48. We have played with the array insert size and the commit point but to no avail. We believe our databse is fairly well tuned. My question really is to improve performance would Oracle partitioning help us ? or would we be better splitting the one table into multiple tables e.g. table_001, table_002 etc, and have set processes inserting into set tables ?

Any help greatly appreciated,
Thanks
John. Received on Thu Nov 01 2001 - 08:21:07 CST