Re: Sybrand Bakker

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2001 16:12:24 -0600

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, mgs_at_mgs-software.de wrote:

> How about simply ignoring those questions? There is no need to
> jump on each and every question and get offending, if you can't
> stand it.

Because then the poster would get the wrong idea of the newsgroup. He/she would think that the newsgroup isn't listening which is entirely false.

If one is truly in charge of something, dba, developer, designer and the person directs questions to their boss or peers which show they were too lazy to do any research, they would hear something from their boss or peers. Why should that person get off free here? The group is basically treating him/her like we would our peers.

Most people that are answering questions are treating those questions like they would treat them personally. It truly is a professional answer.

Sybrand could be a little less harsh is all, but I bet he is pretty much the same way if you tap him on the shoulder. I bet his peers ask him an easily researched question and they get a turt reply. But I also would bet that the exact wording of his replies aren't exactly how they appear on this group. The RTFM poster is taking advantage of the fact that some very helpful people might exist on a worldwide newsgroup who might do his work for him and Sybrand is probably taking advantage of the fact that he doesn't have to answer to a worldwide newsgroup. But the RTFM poster has alot more to apologize for.

--
Galen deForest Boyer