Re: Oracle versus MS Sql Server

From: Dirk <dirk.drexler_at_web.de>
Date: 31 Oct 2001 06:17:59 -0800

It's allright, I had to change the sqlnet.ora - parameter: SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE=(NTS)
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE=() and another problem was the Intelligent Agent 8.1.7 on NT 4.0 I had to set the NT LM Security Support Provider Service to from manual to automatic at control panel/services.

!!! I agree that the Oracle Database is solid as a rock (Kirt Thomas wrote before) !!!

But the ugly installer and OEM are part of the Oracle DB-Package. And I am really annoyed, when I've to scroll through tons of Meta-Link Articles to install it (that it works correctly and not like a bag full of nuts).

I also agree that web-based applications are gaining more strength in the market (Dino Hsu wrote before) but I don't agree that they are for professional use.

Maybe my company picked the wrong DBA, BUT when I'm using a professional production Database like Oracle and Administration Tools are part of the Software-Package, I'm expecting more stability and less errors (it's ORACLE and NOT Microsoft).

Regards
Dirk Received on Wed Oct 31 2001 - 08:17:59 CST